At their meeting on April 1, 2014, the Board of Directors of the Turkish Canadian Society (TCS) decided to align the types of memberships with the TCS constitution, and revised the membership dues. The decision regarding the revised membership dues is effective as of April 1, 2014.
Types of Membership:
In accordance with the Constitution of the Turkish Canadian Society there are four classes (or types) of members – Ordinary Members, Honorary Members, Associate Members, and Youth Members.
· An Ordinary Member is any person who is 18 years of age or older.
· An Honorary Member is a person who has made a distinguished contribution to the Society and its goals. (See the TCS constitution for further details)
· An Associate Member is a corporation or an association.
· A Youth Member is a person who is under 18 years of age.
(1) Ordinary Members
· The annual membership dues for an ordinary member is $20
· The annual membership dues for a student (ordinary member) who is between the age of 18 and 30 is $5
· The annual membership dues for a senior (ordinary member) who is 65 years of age or older is $5
(2) Honorary Members
· Honorary Members pay no annual membership dues.
(3) Associate Members
· Companies or associations that make donations in the amount of $1,000 or more may become an Associate Members for one year, upon approval by the TCS Board of Directors, and qualify to receive a tax receipt for the full amount. Non-Profit organizations may not be required to make donations or pay annual dues to become an associate member.
(4) Youth Members
· Youth Members pay no annual membership dues.
Note: If you wish to register as a family, please provide the names of all persons living in the same household including the children (youth members) who are younger than the age of 18. Each adult living in the same household are required to pay annual membership dues as ordinary members (or as student or senior ordinary members).
Based on the decision made at the 2014 Annual General Meeting of the Turkish Canadian Society, the membership is based on a calendar year (i.e. January 1st – December 31st), and the annual membership dues of new ordinary members will be prorated on a quarterly basis
Note: Memberships will be renewed on an annual basis and are due between January 1st and March 31st of each year. A member who fails to renew his/her membership by March 31st becomes a “member not in good standing” and is not eligible to vote at general meetings and also not eligible for any membership benefits. Those who renew their membership between April 1st and December 31st, will have to pay their annual dues in full to resume their “member in good standing” status.
The annual membership dues of ordinary members (including those who register as a family) who pay $100 or more will be waived and a tax receipt will be issued for the full amount paid by the member.
Note: Members/donors are required to provide their full address to receive a tax receipt.
You can pay membership fee with clicking the following link.